Google+ Followers

Sunday, 13 October 2013

Singing: Confident boosters for teens


 
Here's what I know about learning a new skill. Learning something new can be a scary experience. I like to think of myself as quite innovative and innovative people seem to have a thirst for new ideas and influences.... One of the hardest things I've ever had to do was learning how to sing.
I was always afraid of the crowd, but I decided that singing was an important skill that I should learn. I also thought it would be good to give back something to my local community church and help me to overcome the fair of claustrophobia. What I didn't realize was that learning to sing would also make me a more confident person and a good role model for my younger ones.
Like I said new situations always make me a bit nervous, and my first singing lesson was no exception. After I entered into the church premises, other participant teenagers were already sitting down; I stood nervously by the side of the choir stand waiting for the choir director and other participants to show up.
 
After a couple of minutes the Choir director came over. She smiled and introduced herself, she said hello my name is Pastor Mrs .......and two more people joined us.  Although they were both older than me, they seem to be Johnny-come-lately like me and both were not embarrassed about not knowing how to sing, then, I began to feel more at ease. I was just age 10, what do you expect.....

Musically, there's nothing better than learning a new song or a new lyric... as a teenager then, my sense of accomplishment was enormous.
I’m still learning because I believe in continuous improvement, daily, I try to learning a new piece of random information, be it bits and pieces of business innovation news, new science facts and figures, new words in a new language they all keep my mind active and ticking away.... J

Our mind is a wonderful machine.....and so is the body.... You can make them do amazing things. Just keep learning new stuff and remember to share because the world is earnestly waiting for you.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment