Google+ Followers

Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Family flees their London home after poisonous spiders hatch from supermarket banana


A family was forced to temporarily abandon their home after dozens of venomous spiders hatched from a banana.


The Taylors, of Hampton in south-west London, spent several nights in a hotel while their house was fumigated.
Mrs Consi Taylor was the first to spot the venomous spiders, which dropped off from the banana while she was eating it.

She got halfway through the banana when she saw something white on the skin. Mrs Taylor thought it was mould but when she had a closer look she saw some funny looking spots. She had a second closer look and was horrified to see they were spiders.

The Spiders were later identified as Brazilian Wandering spiders, listed in the 2010 Guinness World Records as the world's most venomous spider. Few people die from the creature's bites, however, and anti-venom treatment is readily available.

The Taylors had purchased the banana from a branch of Sainsbury's.The supermarket has apologised for the incident, and has paid £1,000 to cover the family's hotel bill, fumigation and dry cleaning.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment