Google+ Followers

Tuesday, 24 December 2013

AMS true stories: SMILE - Special Magic In Loving Everybody

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was a cold day on the 24th of December 2010, then, I used to work as a checkout operator in one of the biggest supermarket in the UK (Asda). You can imagine how customers were anxious to get last bargain stuffs and the queue was really long but still smiling on my checkout. My face was brimming with joy for no other reason that this date was my last day of working as a customer assistance and it was a day to Christmas. I was also looking forward to celebrate Christmas with my God's parent.
 
Though, the supermarket was really busy but one customer was not too far busy going about his shopping to notice me. It was an elderly gentleman in a wheelchair from another sales counter, he brought his eyes up to meet mine as he was going home  after shopping. He slowdown in passing and move his wheel towards my checkout, just long enough to speak to me.
 

 
                        He said "Now that's a Christmas smile if I ever saw one."
 
My lips stretched to their limit in response, and I thanked him for the compliment. Then he left the supermarket. But, as I thought about the man today and how sweetly he'd touched me three years ago, I realized something simply wonderful!  In that brief interaction we'd exchanged heartfelt gifts! And that is how to give during this Christmas period
 
In this year 2013, I've spent more time with a smile on my face than not, not because I have a nice smile, pretty lips, and big round cheeks but the thing is, I don't write about it. But today, I decided to write about it because too often we take too lightly the power of a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the possibility of turning a life around. The moral of this story is, find happiness in small moments and take in the beauty of EVERY BLESSED day and smile because only God knows the end before it begins.

When we GIVE under “Pressure” or “Reluctantly” we are giving under the LAW of giving and NOT the GRACE given for giving. God loves a cheerful giver, which is giving under GRACE. 2 Corinthians 9:7.

 
Thank you for reading my post, kindly remember to smile always. 
 
 
God blessed and Merry Christmas to you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment