Google+ Followers

Thursday, 27 March 2014

NIGERIA:When the darkness hangs so darkly and the light seems thin and small. What can we do?

 

When I examine myself, I see writing as the only way to express my thoughts and have been wasting no time, however little, in ensuring that I express myself. Today, I am writing on the epidemic disease called "Darkness" that engulf my beautiful country NIGERIA.
 
2 Chronicles 20: "For we are powerless against this great horde that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.”
Sometime I feel discourage and blurry after searching across the internet for Nigeria News update because all I could see in front of me are the images of the darkness. This morning, I sat down in my small flat to prepare a cup of tea.
Newsflash….
 

Nigerian police open a murder investigation after human skeletons and body parts were found in an abandoned building in Ibadan city
Police raid Nigerian ‘baby factory’
Nigeria stampede: Minister Abba Moro will not resign
Nigeria's Hunger Games: How government agencies fleece job seekers
Father guns son down in Anambra
Nigeria – Boko Haram
Popular Yoruba Nollywood Actor, Arrested For Alleged Raping of Daughter’s Friend
Children raped on Lagos Street
Nigeria enslaving Nigeria in United Kingdom after the abolition of slave trade
Spain: three arrested for kidnapping Nigerian children to force mothers into prostitution
Money ritual
And we are powerless to stop it.
The tea’s done now; I pour it down my throat and move on with my day, while fresh blood pools are on the street corners around Nigeria.
“Why aren’t we talking about this more?” they ask, rebuking us for being too engrossed in monotonous scandals and mindless entertainment, for failing to speak up.
But what is there to say anyway? 
 
 
 

And what can words do against rape, bully, bullets, kidnapping and knife, against ignorance and hate, against power clothed in robes of darkness in Nigeria?

All we have is words, and images.

Against the images of darkness in my country, sometimes hope feels like blasphemy. So this evening, I whisper a prayer, like a candle against the darkness IN NIGERIA. But the candle is small, and the darkness still hangs heavy.



Money Ritual
 
Would you whisper with me today so that our candle can be bigger and brighter because Ephesians 6:12 says that -For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Children of God, Nigerian youth, ladies and gentlemen be rude to the darkness because ye are the light of the world, we have boldness, access and confident by faith through Jesus Christ. Please don’t keep quite light your candle of prayers and reveal the manifold power of God to the darkness in Nigeria. Don’t faint, this is the time to pray…

Every year, thousands of people especially woman and children fall into the
hands of human Human traffickers. While Human trafficking is generally
 abhorred and tagged 'modern dayslavery' to a select few.
 
 
 
My heart and prayers goes out to the "citizen" in the Northern, Nigeria and I am not sure exactly what the answer is in the face of all these darkness. Darkness such as, manmade death sentence, bloodshed, wailing and brutality are the daily adversity facing the innocent people living in this region. Hope does indeed sound blasphemous. Yet how can I, a well off middle class Nigeria woman, relate to the plight of the displaced children, who have lost homes, loved ones, a life of memories? Sometimes I wonder if my words are the equivalent of a slap on the victims’ faces.
 
 
Boko Haram
 
I am in the middle of trying to write something base on the book of Lamentations 3 in the bible- I think people lament because we really haven't done enough of lamenting, a lament that says our hope isn't in President Jonathan or the government nor IMF but that our hope need to be rooted in Christ Jesus and that's the kind of hope that is messy, it hurts, but I do believe it brings us to our knees and it opens our hearts to change even in the chaos rather than the kind of hope that demands we turtle ourselves and plug our ears.

The bottom line is, we see the images of darkness on the media, newspaper, in our community, school, on the street, public places and we are overwhelmed into silence- and that's how evil wins. Speaking out matters, even if it feels like it is pointless, it isn't. LET US ALL speak out and enact change in a smallest ways if need be, without fanning the flames of violence. But it's a longer, harder road to travel. SPEAK, SUPPORT AND PRAY, these things seems small, but they are powerful weapon in the words of a wise man, "Everything seems impossible until it’s done."
 

                    
Hope is what I do. Faintly, quietly, scared even, but hoping for the best in Nigeria.
 
Lift up your heads O ye gates of Nigeria, lift up your heads O ye destructives pile of tribalism and the king of glory shall come in. Who is this king of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.  
 
"The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent, but if we can come to terms with this indifference, then our existence as a species can have genuine meaning. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." - Stanley Kubrick


Pray Hard, Work Hard, Stay Hard.

 
It’s time to uproot the red dragon monster of  darkness in Nigeria. There’s need to cut down the weeds of deceitfulness.
The right step begins with us!
 

I will keep whispering! God can hear me! Would you?
 
God bless Nigeria!

2 comments: