Google+ Followers

Saturday, 26 April 2014

AMS Testimony: Hope Never Disappoint Because God Is In Control - His banner over me is Love


Many are saying of me, "God will not deliver him." "Selah" But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.  To the LORD I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill. "Selah” I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.  I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side (Psalms 3: 2-6)

 Are you finding it difficult or hard to totally depending and trusting that God is in control? I do. I sometimes think I can handle life situations better all by myself, like I'm the only one who really knows what I need. I forget that God is the one who's really got things under control.


  For the past two years, I’ve been having a major pain in my stomach, finding it difficult to eat and my cloth size drops from size 12 to between 6 and 8 because my weight flaunted a lot. My friend thought it might be reflux, appendicitis or pancreatitis, so they rushed me to the doctor. On the way to the doctor, I was in a lot of pain and really scared I might have to have surgery. I kept asking God, "Why is this happening to me?" There was nothing I could do to feel better, and I was frustrated that God allowed it to happen.

 But then I realized the best thing I could do was to pray and ask God to help me. When I got to the doctor's office, he examined me and found I did have appendicitis. Thank God the operation went well, but after few months I started having serious problem of inflammation of the pancreas. I suffer a lot of pain and I will never wish my enemy to go through such pain, I did several text and scan, I went for endoscopy, trust me it was painful.

 Around last year spring, My GP called my phone, I did not want to picked it up because it was a private number but I did answered my phone and the secretary said DR …….. would like you(Miss Saliu) to come and see him next day. Lo and behold, the doctor said Miss Saliu I am sorry to break this News to you, I am afraid from the various scans and text you’ve done, they found Cancer in your lymph node ……. I was so scared I felt like dead already it was like someone was pronouncing a dead sentence into my life. Cry I could not cry I was like maybe I should go back to Nigeria and die in my Country. One thing I will never forget was the loud word that came out of my mouth which was

Alaba whose report shall you believe and I answered loud and clear, I will believe the report of the Lord His report says victory! His report says I shall not die but leave to declare the works of God in the land of the living


and indeed God changed doctor’s report about my health. Glory be to Jesus! Halleluyah! 

 Even though I wanted to fix the situation, I couldn't. The only one who can completely control anything is God. Whenever I try to do things my own way, God usually shows me that I have to turn to him with my problems. Just like Jacob wrestled with God and realized God is always in control, it took some pain and fear for me to remember that God's in charge of everything.


 In Job 38-41, God goes into detail about all he can do. He's reminding Job that everything that happens in the world is in God's control. It's almost like God's saying, "Hey, who's the boss here, mate—you or me?"

 I hope I never have to suffer like Job did—his family was killed, his servants were murdered, his animals died, and he was covered with terrible wounds.

 However, I kind of experience a little bit of Job suffering— my father and mother died when I was a teenager, I battle with a lot of challenges which I don’t want to explain here, my brother was killed….…. and I battle with health issues too.

 Even though I did suffer but every time I read Romans 5: 2-7 in the bible —

“Through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.  Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.  You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.  Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die.”

 My hope in CHRIST JESUS reminds me that God will always help me through my problems in one way or another. I trust God with everything more than before because He is ultimately in control of the whole universe and He will never disappoint me.

Iamaliveandhealthy.com J

No comments:

Post a Comment