Google+ Followers

Saturday, 13 September 2014

5 things that I tend to take for granted and 10 things I am thanking God for in my life.

5 things that I tend to take for granted
1.     I sometimes take the people who love me for granted and they are usually the people I love too. The categories of people who topped these lists have to be my family. They are always there for me. Well, not like they can choose to not having me as their family member (Lol), but they tend to be more understanding and compassionate towards me. I can show the ugliest side of myself with complete assurance that they would just accept it and never turn their backs at me. And I definitely owe them my life.
 
2.     My limbs (arms and legs): Thankfully, I am blessed with the use of all my limbs. It is so easy to take our bodies for granted, especially our limbs, but when you think about it, almost every single thing we do in a day is facilitated by these body parts. We wash our body and brush our teeth with our arms and hands, type on our laptops, make our meals, feed us, and on and on. And everywhere we've ever been, we've gotten there because of our legs! Whether it be walking to the bus stop, shopping in the supermarket, or something as simple as getting up in the morning and getting ready for work.
 
3.     A home with running water and electricity: For a long time I was unhappy with my living conditions due to circumstances that were beyond my control. I kept focusing on all the bad things and discomfort I was feeling because of my situation and it kept me constantly unhappy and down. Lately I've been trying to change my mindset and instead to be grateful for the positive within the situation. The fact that I have electricity 24/7, running water in the taps, hot water, beds and covers and pillows, and heater when it gets very cold (which is often) is a lot to be grateful for. While I am still striving for a more comfortable homely home, being grateful will help me get through this phase.
 
4.     My health: Recently, my health started to sound the alarm, and I was alarmed. Good health is one thing I always take for granted, and I feed myself with rubbish food, sleep at ungodly hour only to be sleep-deprived the next morning and started the day with negativity, and think I am young and healthy enough to not rely on regular exercise to  keep my good health. Argh. I’m totally regretting my incongruous teen years now. Lol
 
5.     The ability to read: This ability is one that is so easy to take for granted because it is assumed that everyone can. However, not everyone has had the opportunity to learn to read, and many of those who do, suffer from disorders that make it very difficult for them. Being able to read has gotten me through all the years of my education, allowed me to communicate with others, find a passion in writing, as well as the many little things we don't think twice about: filling out forms, reading instructions, even reading for pleasure which I do voraciously.
 
 
10 things that I am thanking God for….
 
 
1.     I am Grateful to God almighty for written my name in the book of life.
 
2.     For My family. Without them, I wouldn’t be here.
 
3.     Myself. I am thankful that I love myself. I am thankful that I appreciate me. I am thankful for the eyes to see, the nose to smell, the mouth to talk and eat, the ears to listen, the heart that beat… you get the drift.
 
4.     My health: To have strength to wake up every morning to face the day’s opportunity and to make the change that will gradually come is a blessing that money can never buy. Thank God for the gift of life…..
 
5.     My friends. They spice up my life, and we trust each other in times of crisis. I am thankful to have groups of trusted and close friends!
 
6.      My Experience and passion to read has opened my eyes and mind on how to be a good discipleship of Christ and a lot more things. I am thankful that experience is shaping and building me right now and for the future. My passion to read and write has made up a huge and important part of my life in an unimaginable ways. I feel thankful that I love to read and learn.
 
7.     The earth; the sun, the wind, the rain. I am so, so thankful for the air that I  breathe in and out, the beautiful place to reside, and so many more to be grateful for. Thank you for having me here God!
 
8.     My job. The kind of Job I am doing right now is not my complete passion, but it opens doors. I am a stronger person with greater resilience, and I am extremely grateful for the chance to accept the challenge and grow bigger than the obstacle. I felt accomplished and the more I uncover unimaginable things about myself, the more I love me more.
 
9.     England. I am thankful for living in the United Kingdom and not anywhere else because education, clean water, a roof over my head and plenty food on the table are amenities and not scarcity.
 
10.   Future and Now: I am thankful to have ideas on the directions which I can grow to become in the future. And Now, I am extremely thankful for Now. I am alive and breathing now and that is the most important thing to feel grateful for.
 
                                         “I’m grateful for everything in my life.”
Thank You Lord!!!
 
Thankfulness is one very positive emotion which is incredibly important to have and to practice in everyday life. If a person feels no gratitude, not even the slightest in everyday life, this person is basically a very, very unhappy person.
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!

    ReplyDelete