Google+ Followers

Sunday, 1 February 2015

Dear February

 

With God by my side I take a step of faith into the unknown, a new month, a new canvas and a new exploits. I know I am a vessel to be used in this month, so as I enter into February with Grace, Favour and Mercy, I pray for strength, courage and obedience to keep the commands of the Lord in Jesus name. Amen!

So here are 20 things to know about me as we begin this new journey.

#1. If I were a time of day, I'd be evening; between 9pm-12 midnight I have a thing about late night calls, saying i love you and good night to those who melt my heart (like my sister)
#2. If I were a day of the week, I'd be Sunday eagerly waiting for the church second service and to catch up with friends in the evening at cells group, then later top it with a movie marathon on YouTube till the wee hours of Monday morning, it always sad to say goodbye to Sunday. 
#3. If I were a month, I'd be February because I was born in February; I always feel love, something new and fresh in this month and it so unique out of all the 12 month in the year because month has 28 days in common years or 29 days in leap years. I am blessed and I know it.
#4. If I was a piece of furniture I would be a bed, I love my sleep, reading my bible and some interesting books  in the comfort of my big bed, knowing that that’s my space… spend most of my time there, dreaming, praying, chatting,  writing, planning and crying.
#5. If I were a direction I'd be south - western, if you live in Lagos then the lagoons and creeks are to die for, so relaxing, refreshing. I love my country.
#6. If I were a tree, I’d be two trees timber and aloe Vera. Timber does not grow with ease, the stronger the wind, the stronger the tree.  Aloe Vera is also called the miracle plant which can survive for years through stormy weather…the story of my life.
#7. If I were a musical instrument, I'd be the saxophone, for that’s how I would love to be loved and handled.
#8. If I were a kind of weather, I'd be the sunny weather after the rains; the cloud clears; the sun brightens the day which is a sign of hope.
#9. If I were a Colour, I'd be red, orange  and yellow always lighting up the room with my smile, giving hope to those in a storm that one day it will all be in the past, forgotten, forgiven, a clean slate, a new love, something new and flourishing.
#10. If I were an emotion I'd be compassion. It’s something beyond my control.
#11. If I were a sound, I’d be the sound of the bongo because I love to dance rumba.
#12. If I were a flower, I'd be a rose so delicate and protective with its thorns, I believe such is a love of a man to a woman. A rose is low in price and yet so rare to receive, I want my rose today not on my birthday or Valentine’s Day.
#13. If I were a fruit, I'd be a pineapple, Satsuma and strawberry.
#14. If I were a place, I'd be Paris, its rich culture, friendly people and quality cheese and food to die for !
#15. If I were a room in a house, I’d be the bathroom/toilet. It’s the only place I can run from the world and no one would follow me. In the bathroom, I do have my own quiet moment; I sing new song to my heavenly Lord especially when I am having my bath, I laugh at situation and talk to my heart. 
#16. If I were a scent, I'd be the smell of the earth when the raindrops hit the ground…its beautiful.
#17. If I were a body part, I’d be the heart, for through my heart I seek my God, feel all things and touches all things.
#18. If I were a song, I'd be Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) -It is a reminder to continue trusting THE LORD no matter what may come in life and we can always know that HE is watching over us.
#19. If I were a pair of shoes, I'd be gorgeous 4 inches stilettoes to show off my beautiful and wonderful made cat walking legs.
#20. If I were a story, I’d be a story of Love; For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him would not perish but have eternal life.

Happy New Month to all my blog readers. xx

Alaba Saliu 

No comments:

Post a Comment